Friday, June 1, 2012

ON GOD FILLING THE VACANCIES.... May 31, 2012


On December 6th, 2005, my Dad, Pastor Raymond Joseph Roach passed away at the age of 64 in Brockville, Ontario. He had faithfully served God as a Pastor of 46 years. He was a wonderful father to me. He was my mentor, my encourager, my very close friend.  He knew how to make me laugh any time of the day. Just two weeks after he passed away, Esther’s mom, Muriel Janet Robertson (nee Vail), also passed away at the age of 86 in Belleisle, New Brunswick. One of the sweetest ladies I have ever met.  She was a stable, faithful, praying woman and always believed in the work Esther and I endeavored to do. It was a very sad time in both of our lives when we had to say goodbye. However, just before our parents died, God gave us a grand-daughter and a grandson! Murielle, namesake for Esther’s mom, was born to Estelle and Mark Vanderheide August 2nd. Titus was born to Michelle and Len Vanderwier September 5th. They were born just one month apart. From time to time both Esther and I would have our moments of deep sorrow and still do.  When one loses a parent it is a most unsettling time as many of you know.  One day Esther was having one of those moments of grieving and God directed her to 2 Corinthians 7:6 where it says, “Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;  And not by his coming only....”   She understood the Words of the Lord speaking to her that not only is Titus a comfort to us but also the coming of Murielle. Since then there have been four other grandchildren who have been given to us that we will cherish as long as we live! The comfort they give us is beyond words. God has a very special way of filling the vacancies and if will you take a moment and look around you, you too will see that God has done the same for you! SRR

PS: A LITTLE WORD ABOUT TITUS:  Titus is now 2,460 days old. That’s 6.7 years old.  As Titus was praying before going to bed just the other night his ‘un-coached’ prayer went like this. “Dear God, I know you can do anything for me, but You're not my servant. I'm your servant. So God, whatever you tell me to do, I'll do it!”  Now does that bring comfort or what?  

No comments:

Post a Comment